What is a Fire Department Lock Box and Why do I Need One?
A Fire Department Lock Box is a small, hardened steel vault that’s easily mounted to the exterior of a commercial building. The box contains a set of keys for that building, and allows our local Fire Department efficient access after hours when the building is unattended. This greatly diminishes the necessity to cause damage from forcible entry.
Fire Department Lock Box systems are designed to help Fire Departments and local businesses work together to preserve both lives and property while eliminating the need for F.D. personnel to maintain and carry large key rings with countless keys on them for many local commercial buildings.
Many Fire Services across the country rely on a Lock Box System to enter property quickly and safely during an emergency response. The F.D. Lock Box device is purchased and mounted near the main building entrance by the property owner. Also, much larger commercial buildings will benefit from multiple Boxes.
What are the Main Benefits of Having a Fire Department Lock Box System Installed on My Business?
- Lock Box System provides immediate emergency access in case of fire, medical or any other type of emergency
- Quick and easy Fire Department entry decreases the potential damage to the building caused by a fire
- It allows the firefighters to enter the building when the building’s owner and/or occupants are unable to open the door for them
- Helps to reduce firefighter injury from forcible entry
- Increases the Fire Department’s level of efficiency
- Any undamaged doors can be safely re-secured after the emergency is over, without calling a building owner or manager or a private security company for re-keying or a new door installation
- Most important, it prevents costly forced entry damage to a commercial building, and in most cases, the cost of the box and its installation is recovered the very first time that the system is used
Here are Some Good Examples of Commercial Buildings for which a Fire Department Lock Box would be Beneficial:
- Hospitals, nursing homes and multi-story buildings like apartment buildings and/or condominiums
- Commercial, Industrial, Warehouse and other buildings where around the clock staffing and security is simply not available
- Buildings that are constructed in a manner such that Fire Department forced entry, if required, would be difficult or result in a lot of damage to the property
- Commercial buildings that have a fairly high frequency of emergency response incidents and where the occupants of those buildings may be put in danger due to a delayed access by the F.D.
- Commercial or Industrial buildings that feature a monitored fire alarm and fire suppression systems, such as sprinklers
Are you interested in getting a Fire Department Lock Box Program started for your local business community? Contact Randy Sayles at Integrity Locksmithing for a consultation, pricing and installation services.
Integrity Locksmithing Havelock, Ontario
Integrity Locksmithing is a full-service, fully certified locksmith company. We offer a wide range of locksmith services to both residential and commercial customers. The owner, Randy Sayles, offers uniform cost-effective and professional lockout assistance. He also offers lock installation, and security solutions. In many cases, lock re-keying is the more affordable solution to having the locks changed in your home or business. Call Randy at 705-653-8834 or visit www.integritylocksmithing.ca to discuss your options today.